AAP has plenty of opportunities for interns; we can offer internships at the various animal care departments or the behavior department.
Before we discuss the possibility of an internship at AAP, it is important that you meet a number of basic conditions:
- You are at least 18 years old.
- For animal care internships you are available for a minimum of 4 weeks (20 full workdays).
- For an internship in the behavior department the minimal availability is 6 months.
- You are prepared to keep to our strict hands-off policy. This means that there will be no direct contact with the animals at all.
- Because of the international character of AAP the main spoken language is English. You need to speak and understand English to qualify for an internship.
- You are able to perform heavy labor (Animal care internship).
- You live in one of the EU-countries.
It is not necessary to have specific experience before being able to work at AAP. We only ask for a good doses of motivation, continuity and to do your best!
AAP is not a scientific research institute, but does perform observational research for the benefit of improving the wellbeing of our rescued animals.
If you want to apply for an internship in animal care, fill out the application form.
Applying for all other internships, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the specifics of your internship.